Thursday, July 3, 2008

sound of settling


I finally get to spend some downtime last night at home...the continuous alcohol infused late nights has taken its toll...here i was, lying in the couch already almost anesthisized when upon aimlessly switching thru the channels i got stuck watching "japan screen topics"--its amazing that they still have this. Who can forget the blue screen background opening with the map of japan showing and the words in old school video toaster font and tranistions-while u eagerly anticipate which of the 30 episodes in their library will they air...will it be the always popular restaurant wax food on display, the hypnotizing art of origami or my all time favorite-monkeys of okinawa wandering in the hot spring.

I had managed to sleep for over 9 hours and its possible that i couldve had a few more, if not for the the spyder who had to wake up much earlier to go to work and had forgotten to close the door to the room-that gave the ideal opportunity for the cat who lately have been craving for perpetual attention to strategically sat on my face while she meows til i get to throw her off the bed.

i have forgotten to close my itunes on my pc last night and the most appropiate refrain was playing when i first checked my mail and do the website routine.

Our youth is fleeting
Old age is just around the bend
And I can't wait to go gray

and on that note, im ready to start the day...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember japan screen topics on channel 13! it was the most enetratining thing on tv back then, my favorite was their feature on the kimono hehe -hannah

mitzybitzyspyder said...

how can a cat fit into the amount of space a spyder left?

at least you have managed to end the blog in a very 'creative and unconventional' manner (on that note? haha)

lookin forward to the threading and photosynthesis blog.

pamster said...

hey jards! i now have my blog up and running!-u are my muse! hahahaha

death cab for cutie rocks my socks!
mwah!

Anonymous said...

pa pa...pa pa
this is the sound of settling

u should stop giving us last song syndromes clock!

Anonymous said...

how about the origins of ramen? yummy!

-karla

Anonymous said...

I miss keizer :(

Anonymous said...

whats up with all these music videos at the beginning of all ur posts lately? notthat im complaining, u have awesome taste :) and i do remember japan screen topics!