Wednesday, June 11, 2008

i still win..sort of


i woke up today with this terrible headache--that obnoxious sound you hear is the piledriver pounding away the streets of san agustin for the nth time. The thing is drowning away the music of "pavements-slanted and enchanted" album which is in constant loop on my ipod speakers which helps me go numb thruout the night. piledriver and pavement--its totally appropriate


I caught the first quarter of the finals on tv while i was having my first nicotine fix of the day...These celtics sure are scrappy--i dont understand why there are the underdogs when they have the best record and the best defense in the league. The mafia sure had their way with the spread on this.


I'm at work now, with 3 spreadsheets open , the nba gamecast in full window mode and i have my customs reviewer on my left side while im listening to a podcast. i have mastered the art of the multitask


So, she texted me this morning saying.."I will come back and be with you, i promise--if you love me still that is". I dont fucking need this drama in my life right now, ive managed to be a bigger asshole by ignoring her for months and im perfectly fine with it--despite my friends convincing me that i should talk to her at least...I dont see any point to that-- I have told her once that im moving on--and i really cant be with someone who i know will break me regardless of the outcome.


Im already in my early 30's and still the pounding never ends..its like that street outside--constantly battered and bruised. Its going to stop when its all done until they decide to wake you up again with that blaring noise

1 comment:

fayefer said...

Sorry to hear you've picked up smoking again. But I think two years or so of clean living affords you some indulgence right now. Can't say the same for myself, I've pretty much been indulging myself non-stop since I got here, my lungs are hole-riddled sacs, my liver has turned into mush. Good news is I've been running here quite a lot as well, on an island park on the Danube river called Margrit Sziget, with a proper running track and all going all around its 5 km circumference. Pretty cool way to get exercise (See attached picture to get a better idea of the place).

I'm also sorry to hear you're being haunted by your ghosts. That's never a pleasant thing I know. But whatever you get up to, I'm sure your self preservation instinct will lead you to do what's best for good old Jards. Plus look at it this way, if you've survived her before you know you can get over it whatever happens.

The song is pretty cheesy, but the message is appropriate for now I think. Pay attention to the lyrics, I think they say it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NxtFHNqq1Y

Looking forward to reading all about what comes next in your future blog entries. Till then, hope all finds you well :)